The energy bills have become a major cause of concern for households spanning through the country. As the energy costs continue to rise, people are looking for new and innovative ways to save electricity and lower their energy consumption to keep the energy bills as low as possible. LEDs have been a big help in this case as it provides brighter illumination while using a fraction of the energy, conventional bulbs and lights use. Thankfully, you can hire an electrician in Los Angeles to assist with your LED lighting needs. You can count on Branover Contractors Inc Electrical Service knowledgeable technicians to help your LED’s install go smoothly.
The city of Los Angeles succeeded in achieving the benchmark in this regards last year when it finished the largest ever LED street illumination replacement project, the biggest in scale and kind in the world. The smart move by the city administration to switch to LEDs would help the city save $7 million in energy costs annually and an additional $2.5 million in overall maintenance. Households and businesses should also take the cue and switch to LEDs in homes and offices, to make considerable savings on their energy bills, while helping the environment as well. Here are the top 5 reasons that would convince you that LEDs are way better than conventional lights, or why you should switch to LEDs today.
• Energy Efficiency – The LED lightings are more energy efficient and can reduce the energy consumption by around 70-90 percent. Any household can consult an electrician in the area to switch the household lighting to LEDs. The best part is that the cost of LED lights is not astronomical and won’t burn a hole in the pocket. However, in the long term, the decision of switching over to LEDs can save a fortune over the energy bills.
• Longer Life Span – LED lights have the life span of over 50,000 hours in comparison to incandescent lights that last for just over 1,200 hours and CFL bulbs that has the life span of just around 8,000 hours. Investing in LEDs has many advantages in the long term and ensures comprehensive illumination for years or even decades to come. Thus, it can be concluded without any doubt that by using LEDs, an average household can save up to 40 to 60 percent on their energy consumption and bills easily. Consulting with an electrician can help you get a better idea on what kind of LED illumination would best bit your requirements.
• LED Lights are Cost-Effective – LED lights use extremely low power per a unit of light and CFL uses approximately double the same amount. In comparison, conventional incandescent lights use ten times the power LED uses. Therefore, it is natural that LEDs lowers your electric bills in the same proportion.
• LEDs are eco-friendly and non-toxic – LEDs are not only cost-effective and energy efficient, but also greener and non-toxic, which means that it does not contain the highly toxic mercury present in CFLs. It reduces a third of the carbon footprint that other lighting source generates and is completely recyclable. Other harmful elements like CO2 emissions and nuclear waste is also less in LEDs.
• LEDs are flexible in color, design and illumination – LED lighting come in various shapes and design to provide the users with something that fits their requirements precisely and perfectly. They provide the perfect illumination solution for both, households and commercial establishments. LED lighting system installed can even be dimmed and its color as well as illumination can be controlled through the internet, remote or WLAN. It can be dimmed or brightened as per requirements and can be set as per the mood for a perfect reading or sleeping experience.
• LEDs do not overheat and as a technology, is not only superior in terms of performance and efficiency, but also more eco-friendly and sustainable. LEDs are the future of lighting and whether it is a household or a commercial office/building, it is best to switch from conventional lighting to LEDs, perfectly and without hassles.